Trappen van Hakugyokurō

Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

+2
Nekotaku
Nazeo
6 plaatsers

Touhou Vertalingen

Nazeo
    Nazeo
    Verdwaalde ⑨

Leeftijd : 30
    Speciale vermogens : Never giving up!

Touhou Vertalingen Empty Touhou Vertalingen

Bericht van Nazeo ma jun 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi everyone!

(to translate this into Nederlandse, use this)

My friend NamelessLegacy and I are working on translating the touhou games into many, many languages.

He's making a patch that would include all these languages and when his wiki is edited, it would auto-update the patch.
    It's quite revolutionary, really.

More details are located in here, although you may need google translate since it's in german.
    (He may do it in english when he has a chance)

What we need though, are actual translators.
    If you would be willing to chip in or know people that would, we would love to have you on board!
    We take anyone and any language.
    Coding knowledge is not required, as the system my friend has developed makes it so you can just enter the language into the system and it'll do the rest!
    An example of how that would work. Just double click and type in the translation and save!
    And now for the languages we have translated thus far
    (If you know some code, that's awesome too)

You can find us at Touhou Community Reliant Automatic Patcher

Also here is some "proof" and a pic just so you see how serious we are >:3

My friend has included a Debugger for Double Spoiler which he has told me it's "just a stone's throw to replacing the file contents". To use, just place the game into the debugger and volie, there you go!

Our current staff are 5 De, 2 Es, 4 Fr, 1 Ja, 2 Nl, 2 It and 2 Pt-BR

Thanks guys, hope you can help out!

Successful move!

We are at http://thpatch.net

New Logo!
    Thx Makku, we love our new logo!

Laatst aangepast door Nazeo op za sep 01, 2012 2:25 am; in totaal 10 keer bewerkt (Reden : Link Update)
    Nekotaku
    Nekotaku

Leeftijd : 38
    Speciale vermogens : Kan in het binair tellen tot 10

Touhou Vertalingen Empty Re: Touhou Vertalingen

Bericht van Nekotaku di jun 12, 2012 2:00 am

Interesting. I wouldn't mind participating in a Dutch translation. Very busy at the moment, but I've saved up some vacation so I should be getting some spare time in the not too distant future. Overall my grasp of Dutch and English are at nearly the same level; while I can't claim perfection, I'm generally careful with my grammar and spelling.

I've also got a decent working knowledge of French. While I'm hesitant to offer translation work into that language (there is, after all, a pretty extensive French Touhou community) I might certainly do some proofreading there.

There's one (possibly major) caveat... While I'm actively learning Japanese, I'm certainly far removed from a level where I can directly translate that language into any other. So I'd have to work with an English translation to begin with. Perhaps that is not desirable due to cumulative translation inaccuracies. Let me know if that is an issue. I'm not averse to manually checking the English-Dutch translation against the Japanese text, but be aware this would take a hefty amount of time.

Finally, I'd like to say the idea of using the Wiki contents for the generation of the patch is splendid. Nice work!
    -NightLunya-
    -NightLunya-
    Doodgewone heks (m/v)

Bericht van -NightLunya- di jun 12, 2012 2:03 am

My community is already working on Touhou 6 in French, but it is not easy... and something else, Japanese limitation characters in dialog, it means that we got problems in French because the translation was too long...

But it's a very good thing! You have all my support, if you need french peoples to translate, I'll send you some (but I don't have any member who can speak japanese at the moment)

We will be glad to share french patches on our community with your help ;)
    I suggest you to post on my own website to share that news ;)

Nazeo
    Nazeo
    Verdwaalde ⑨

Bericht van Nazeo di jun 12, 2012 2:55 am

@Nekotaku
    Cool!
    The way the wiki is designed is if a better translation comes up, a simple edit would auto-update the patch so it's fine if you or someone else is able to come up with a better suited at a later date.
    And don't worry about time.
    While having to wait for a year for an edit is a bit of concern to us (and the like), we are patient so take all the time you need!
    As for your concern for too many, well there is no such thing as "too many people" (lol)
    There are 13 touhou games and about 300 lines of dialouge per game & langauge
    (excluding fighting games or Danmaku Vs games in which there are far more lines of dialouge.)
    ...As you can see we can use as many people as we can get.
    So thanks for the support!
    :3

@NightLuna

Thanks for the invite, I'll defintly drop them a line there as well!
    I also added your website to my website (Yay!)
    If you can send us people that's fantasic, and as I told Nekotaku it's acceptable to base translation off of Touhou Wiki as we are going to credit them in patches also.
    (If a better translation does indeed come up, simply edit the wiki!)
    For your team, if they need help with stuff, my friend can lend them a hand.
    He is fairly busy in constructing this, but I'm sure he can figure out how to overcome such problems.
    Yay!

@Both Thx guys, this made my day today!
    -NightLunya-
    -NightLunya-
    Doodgewone heks (m/v)

Bericht van -NightLunya- di jun 12, 2012 3:27 am

Nazeo schreef:
    @NightLuna

Thanks for the invite, I'll defintly drop them a line there as well!
    I also added your website to my website (Yay!)

Done, and I moved your subject in the right section. Unfortunately, on my website, our email services are down so you won't be able to follow by email your answers, same for privates messages, so take carefully a look ;)
    I sent you a private message, please read ;)
    See you soon!
    Nazeo
    Nazeo
    Verdwaalde ⑨

Touhou Vertalingen Empty Thx!

Bericht van Nazeo di jun 12, 2012 3:51 am

Ah thanks for that.
    It makes me sad that they were messing with me.
    Hopeful more serious ppls come across
    (=w=) d
    Quwanti
    Quwanti

Leeftijd : 29
    Speciale vermogens : Vermogen om pixel art te maken

Bericht van Quwanti di jun 12, 2012 2:40 pm

What about images with Japanese text (bgm announcements at the right bottom, character select screen, etc.)?
    Urameshiya
    Urameshiya
    Beheerder

Leeftijd : 33
    Speciale vermogens : Ik kan matcha detecteren op ongeveer 863 meter afstand.

Bericht van Urameshiya di jun 12, 2012 3:03 pm

(I took the liberty of moving your post to a new topic, Nazeo. As you probably already noticed.)

I really like this idea! I'm not sure there'd be much demand at all for a Dutch translation but it'd be kinda nice to have one nonetheless. :)

I don't have a lot of time to spare at the moment, but I hope to be able to contribute to this project eventually. ^^; I speak/read/write/whatever Dutch, English and Japanese.
    Nazeo
    Nazeo
    Verdwaalde ⑨

Touhou Vertalingen Empty Answering concerns

Bericht van Nazeo di jun 12, 2012 6:37 pm

@Quwanti
    Those aren't a problem at all, my friend.
    Things like that are dealt in the Beta stage.
    Things we have no clue to deal with yet are certain strings which are hardcoded into the executables...
    But those aren't a big deal at the moment.
    We'll keep you posted!

@Urameshiya
    Ooops, thanks for that.
    I have a knack of putting things in the wrong places...
    As for demand, hey, if someone wants it, we're happy.
    And we can always use you help!

@Both
    If you have any more concerns, just ask!

Update

Check our Progress!

Laatst aangepast door Nazeo op za jun 16, 2012 11:15 pm; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt (Reden : Update)
    Nekotaku
    Nekotaku

Bericht van Nekotaku di jun 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Hey Nazeo.
    I've been looking around a bit more on your wiki and checked out some of the current translations and the tools. Count me in! I'd hereby like to confirm that I will focus on making the Dutch translations. Will probably start with EoSD and follow the order of the games.
    Nazeo
    Nazeo
    Verdwaalde ⑨

Touhou Vertalingen Empty Re:Touhou Vertalingen

Bericht van Nazeo di jun 19, 2012 5:25 pm

That's awesome!
    If you have questions, just ask!
    Glad to have you on board!
    Nekotaku
    Nekotaku

Bericht van Nekotaku di jun 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Just translated the first three stages of Reimu's scenario in EoSD. I hope it's somewhat satisfactory. There will probably be modifications to the text if I choose to cross-check with the Japanese original and ask for stylistic advice around here. In particular getting the tone of voice right for various characters is something that I'd best ask to some of the Japanese speakers around here.

I'm pretty excited to be cooperating on something like this! My regards to the people who set this whole thing up. The translation pages work smoothly and intuitively.

EDIT: quick question. When you check a game, there seems to be a main group and then a number of subgroups. So for EoSD for example, you'll have TH06 The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil as the main group, and then subgroups for scenario's and the stage titles, like Embodiment of Scarlet Devil/Story/Reimu's Scenario. When I add the number of messages for the subgroups of EoSD, it comes to the total of 398 that is also mentioned for the main group. So my question is: do translations have to be migrated to the main group manually, or do you just translate in the subgroups and the rest will take care of itself?
    Nazeo
    Nazeo
    Verdwaalde ⑨

Touhou Vertalingen Empty Re:Touhou Vertalingen

Bericht van Nazeo di jun 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Yup yup, glad you like the interface!

NamelessLegacy was the one who designed it; in fact he is our sole programmer that is making all of this possible.

For the translations concerns, it's a wiki, so if you wanna change something later, go for it!

Thanks so much, people like you make this project literally a dream come true ^_^

Edit:

Yup, just translate the subgroups and it'll be taken care of !

Laatst aangepast door Nazeo op di jun 19, 2012 10:45 pm; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt (Reden : Added Response)
    Nekotaku
    Nekotaku

Bericht van Nekotaku di jun 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Whoa, you're fast...
    Alright, I'll put everything in the subgroups then. The story statuses are also taken care of, and I'll add to the theme database as the themes come up in the story translations.

This is my new life goal! Finally I can feel useful...
    Quwanti
    Quwanti

Leeftijd : 29
    Speciale vermogens : Vermogen om pixel art te maken

Bericht van Quwanti di jun 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Deze site kan van pas komen voor ik denk wel iedereen die mee zou willen helpen. Het mag dan in het Japans zijn, je kan er met een bepaalde vertaalmachine wel een beetje achterkomen wat er bedoeld word. De site bevat informatie over alles, en word geanalyseerd en wat de betekenis erachter is.

Gesponsorde inhoud

Bericht van Gesponsorde inhoud

Het is nu vr apr 19, 2024 6:38 am